Nothing says “you’re all right” like a home-cooked meal; even if the main ingredient is pasta. Light some candles, pop on The Greatest Showman soundtrack and the night’s a good’n. One of my favourite dishes of all time is a dish that involves both pasta and some kind of fish. So, today, I made myself the kind of dinner that would be perfect for me on Valentine’s Day (listen up, Griffiths).
Ingredients | For you and your Valentine
- 150g spaghetti
- 100g prawns (cooked and peeled, defrosted beforehand)
- 284ml double cream
- 50g butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 courgette
- 75g broccoli
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Set the oven to gas mark 6 before finely chopping the garlic. Chop the courgette into half moons and prepare the broccoli. Add all the veg and half of the garlic to a bowl. Mix it together with a big splash of oil and a few pinches of salt. Spread the mix out onto a oil-ified and lined tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the garlic to a heated (with oil) pan and fry it off. Add in 25g butter and mix together. Pop the prawns in too.
- Boil the kettle and, once boiled, add it to a medium pan with a few sprinkles of salt. Add in the spaghetti and cook for 12 minutes/until ready.
- Once the veg is done, add it to the pan and stir for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and pour in the cream, stirring often; stir in the rest of the butter.
- When the spaghetti is finished, plonk it all in a pasta dish and eat while staring into your partner’s eyes and all that.
Whether you’re spending tomorrow with a loved one, a best friend, a Zac Efron movie or you’re still eating pancakes (because… pancakes!), have a happy Valentine’s Day… And don’t forget to set a reminder to pick up all of the reduced chocolate boxes on the fifteenth!