Once I’ve taken off my trainers, stretched and recovered (slightly) from a painful workout, I need me some carbs… and I need them quickly. I’ve recently been throwing together this quick dish when a workout has left me ravenous. It’s very much inspired by my favourite Joe Wick’s recipe and a veggie dish my mum concocted. Below is the recipe!
Ingredients | For one
- 1 jacket potato
- 75g chorizo
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 1 mozzarella ball
- Coconut oil
- Spike the jacket potato all over with a fork. Heat it in the microwave for twelve minutes.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and chop the chorizo into small chunks. Add the chorizo to the pan and stir occasionally.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and the pepper into small chunks. Once the chorizo is cooked well, add the tomatoes and pepper.
- Once the potato is cooked, chop it roughly and add to the pan.
- Stir it all together and tear the mozzarella in with it.
- Turn off the heat and let the mozzarella warm up for a minute or so.
This dish definitely helps the tired body recover. It has carbs, protein and a good old fashioned dosage of fruit and veg. And cheese- because cheese. There’s nothing like finishing a workout, feeling smug and tucking into this with an episode of Riverdale. I totally recommend.
~ Kat ~